Monday, February 21, 2011

We are what we eat

The notion that we are what we eat is normally what I think of when I walk down the grocery store isle. Although I hate to be considered a yuppie, it doesn’t bother me when my friends laugh at how health conscious I am. I love food and I can’t help but make sure that I am eating exactly that—food. Yes, it’s true. I prefer food, not chemicals. I choose organic, local, fresh, etc, not only because it usually tastes better, but because I like to make sure that what I am putting into my body is something that will make me feel good and will sustain me throughout the day.
While most of my friends are worried about the extra cost of purchasing food at Whole Foods or other healthy grocery options out there, I’d rather spend a little bit more money on my health. I also enjoy cooking, which is why I don’t mind buying raw foods vs. something microwavable.
As it is easy to see, I am more concerned about my own well being when it comes to food over the environment, which in my case doesn’t seem to be such a bad thing considering they typically go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment